We are forming Volunteer opportunities for the Veterans Center. If you would like to volunteer your time and talents, please download and print off our Volunteer application.
Fill it out completely, then either scan and email it back to us at BedfordTwpVets@gmail.com, or drop it off at the Veterans Center.
We will review your application and contact you to schedule an appointment to come in and become familiar with our facility and procedures. Some simple training will need to be given depending on the tasks you are volunteering for.
If you have any questions, please contact Mickey Reed at 567-277-6796.
Once you have turned in your application and have cleared to volunteer, please check out our weekly schedule of available slots. (Note: If the below list does not have an active link to view a schedule, we do not have available opportunities for the week, please check back often.)
- Facility Greeter (Greet visitors, give tour, provide literature, provide basic help, register transactions)
- Administration (Data entry, copying, sorting, filing)
- Monthly Food Distribution (Some heavy lifting and carrying required)
- Fundraising (Planning, organizing, B2B cold calls/emails)
- Transportation (Provide area transportation, pick up/delivery of Veterans and/or run errands)
- Housekeeping (Vacuum, wipe tables, clean restrooms, empty trash, general cleaning)
- Labor (Heavy lifting, moving, building, construction, maintenance)
- Events (Set up, clean up, parking management, planning)
We understand that circumstances come up, and if for any reason you cannot volunteer, even after you have signed up for a slot, it is OK. But please contact Mickey ASAP so that she may work to fill that slot. We appreciate all of your support for our local Veterans! Every spare moment of your time and talent helps!!